CELINE DION ROCKS SOUTH AFRICA WITH ROBE
5 March 2008
(South Africa) - Celine Dion kicked off her 'Taking Chances' world tour with 9 dates in South Africa, where lighting equipment was supplied by Gearhouse South Africa.Part of the rig designed by Yves Aucoin, Celine’s LD for 19 years, and also the production designer on this tour, involved using Robe ColorSpot 2500E ATs as key lights for the band and central onstage positions.
The 12 Robe fixtures were rigged on the downstage edges of two U-shaped trusses. “They are a very bright light and I knew we could count on them” says Aucoin.
It was only his second experience using Robe fixtures. The first had been for a radio show in New York, where most of the moving lights were Robes, and he was impressed with the performance. He adds, “I had also heard a lot of good things about Robe lights”.
Aucoin programmed and operated the show using a GrandMA console. The Gearhouse lighting team was crew chiefed by Jason “Fat-Boy” Fritz, and LEDVision supplied the LED screens.
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver