iLIVE MANAGES NORWEGIAN SAMI FESTIVAL
30 March 2008
(Norway) - Norwegian PA rental company, Lydfiksern, used their new Allen & Heath iLive system to its full potential during this year%u2019s Sami Grand Prix (SGP) music contest.SGP is part of the renowned Sami Easter Festival, the biggest cultural gathering of the Northern Europe’s indigenous Sami people, held at the Bakteharji Arena in Guovdageaidnu.
FOH engineer, Thomas Mikarlsen, selected the iLive system – comprising an iDR10 stage rack and iLive-144 control surface - for the event, and took full advantage of the 8 effect engines, using no outboard processing.
The show was broadcast live by Norwegian national station, NRK, and for the first time in the event's history the FOH mix was used for the broadcast rather than the usual separate mix provided by NRK's own engineers.
Lydfiksern also provided a multi-track recording system for record producer, Bernt Mikkel Haglund, comprising the Ethersound B 64-track split output from the iLive’s iDR-64 DSP mix engine and a computer equipped with a Digigram LX6464 card.
“Haglund raved about the sound quality being the best provided in the history of the event and now looks forward to mixing the festival CD,” explains Mikarlsen. “The iLive performed flawlessly once again with its warm musical sonic quality, fat-sounding effects, and flexible user interface.”
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver