Sara Hosts Africa’s First Live Event Technical & Production Conference In South Africa
20 April 2015
The country’s leading live event technical and production training organisation, the South African Roadies Association (Sara) will be hosting Africa’s first-ever Live Event Technical & Production Conference (LETPC 2015) from 13 to 16 May 2015.
The event will take place during Africa Month, at the Sunnyside Park Hotel in Parktown, Johannesburg.
The main purpose of this unique conference is to gather relevant stakeholders, professionals and practitioners in the events, technical, production and education sectors, along with international market leaders, to discuss the need for a critical upgrade of skills development, sector training and skill interventions.
Currently, the sector’s skill qualification is only at matriculation level and urgently needs to increase to at least NQF 5 in order to match international standards.
The conference is supported by the Department of Arts and Culture, the event’s anchor sponsor.
“We encourage all other departments and organisations to support this first-of-a-kind conference,” said Chief of Staff, Nicholas Maweni, for the Ministry of Arts & Culture.
The conference keynote address will be delivered by the Minister of Arts and Culture, The Honourable Mr Nathi Mthethwa.
Sara President, Freddie Nyathela expressed the organisation’s gratitude towards the department: “It is with great respect and appreciation that Sara acknowledges the vision and ground-breaking support from the Department of Arts and Culture for what is anticipated as an annual conference that will make an indelible and ongoing contribution to the development and transformation of the education, event, technical and production sectors in South Africa.”
Sara officials hope that the conference will have the following impact on the events, technical and production sectors in South Africa:
- Increase skills qualifications to NQF 5
- Job creation
- High level of entrepreneurship
- Equity creation
- Public-private partnerships
- Foreign equipment manufacturer training and investments in SA
- Entry level on-the-job training programme management
- Sector development
Industry topics will be addressed by international and local market leaders.
International speakers who have confirmed their attendance at LETPC 2015 are:
- John Botham OBE from Semperior LTD (UK)
- Adrian Brooks from Backstage Academy (UK)
- Pauline Tambling CBE from Creative & Cultural Skills (UK)
- Randell Greenlee from VPLT, the German Event Technology
- Frank Andrewartha from Quest Engineering (Australia)
- Andy Lenthall from Production Services Association UK)
LETPC 2015 is open to practitioners, professionals and stakeholders serving in the events, technical, production and education sectors.
Registration opens at midday on 15 April 2015. To register, visit www.letpc.co.za. Register before 20 April 2015 to qualify for the early-bird reduced fee.
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver