Compact QU Manages 5SOS Promo Tour In America
29 April 2015
Fresh off a stadium tour supporting One Direction, Australian punk pop band, 5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS), embarked on a promo tour of the USA with Allen & Heath’s Qu-16 digital rack-mount mixer managing the live acoustic performances.
Comprising a series of radio and store appearances, the tour culminated in the band’s Derp Con fan convention, where lucky fans were handpicked and flown from all over the world to LA to meet the band, watch a live acoustic performance and take part in a Q&A.
FOH Engineer, John Delf, and Monitor Engineer, Ben Booker, selected the Qu-16 to mix the 10 inputs and 4 wedge mixes for the shows, and additionally record a multi-track of the Derp Con performance.
“With only a limited time to soundcheck, the Qu-16 was really quick to set up and get everything sounding nice, and the recording set up was very simple and worked flawlessly. We used the inbuilt multitrack recorder and the USB driver to record to a separate Mac running Reaper. The quality of both recordings was excellent and also gave me a redundant recording in case one system failed,” commented Ben Booker.
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver