AES Announce Bob McCarthy As Keynote Speaker For 59th International Conference
The AES has announced Meyer Sound’s Director of System Optimisation, Bob McCarthy, as the keynote speaker for the 59th International AES Conference at McGill University in Montreal, Canada, taking place July 15-17, 2015, with an emphasis on Sound Reinforcement Engineering and Technology.
Known as an international authority on sound system design and optimisation, McCarthy is also an educator and published author. His keynote speech, “Sound Systems Tuning and Optimisation Made Simple and Affordable,” will take place on the first day of the Conference, Wednesday, July 15, at 2:00 PM.
McCarthy has been a pivotal figure in the development of all three generations of Meyer’s Source Independent Measurement system (SIM) and a leading educator in sound system measurement and tuning. McCarthy's book, Sound Systems: Design and Optimisation (Focal Press), is considered a definitive work in the field. McCarthy has designed countless systems around the world of all scales and types and has optimised systems for many of the most prestigious designers, including more than 10 Cirque du Soleil productions and seven productions of Wicked.
"Bob McCarthy's keynote presentation should not be missed by anyone who strives for excellence in live sound reinforcement," said Professor Wieslaw Woszczyk of McGill University, co-chair of the 59th AES Conference.
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver