Aurora Gets A Boards Eye Of Glastonbury
Armed with an artic full of gear, Aurora Lighting Hire entered into the festival spirit to support Lighting Director Oli Richards and Gaffer Sam Madden as chosen BBC Broadcast partners during Glastonbury 2015.
With set ups across the Worthy Farm site, the Aurora team took control of the studio and link interviews and, along with some welcome support from Barry Dennison at ELP, worked throughout the weekend to help keep things looking good during the BBC’s extensive coverage.
Alex Pocock and Paul Evans handled the console operating duties, running Avolites Pearl Experts to maintain the look and feel of the broadcast. Meanwhile, in the studio area LD Oli Richards dressed the set using festoon and Mole Richardson Mole Fay’s to both add a touch of tungsten warmth to the set and to provide added eye candy to camera. Martin Rush Pars provided a dash of extra colour and Aurora provided LED ribbons to complete the magical look created by designer Marcus Blee.
For the link interviews, Bi-Colour Lite Panels were used for their portability and easy set up whilst a mixture of Tungsten and Daylight fresnels augmented with 4ft 4 bank Kino Flo and Parabeams were used to key the studio guests.
With the broadcast running throughout the day and well into the night the team were challenged with constantly colour correcting to keep things balanced - thankfully the weather didn’t close in to dampen the spirits or detract from what has been billed as one of the best Glastonbury Festival’s yet.
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver