The Knight of Illumination Awards reveals its 2015 shortlist
The judging panel of the Knight of Illumination Awards 2015 Concert Touring and Events category has announced its shortlisted designers for the prestigious ceremony this autumn.
Hailed by the Guardian as 'the lighting industry's very own major awards event', the Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of lighting and, as of last year, video designers working on shows in the UK.
The Concert Touring and Events judging panel, who were joined this year by new recruits Financial Times arts pages journalist David Cheal and TPi's very own Kelly Murray, deliberated over what they described as an 'incredibly high standard' of entries this year before reaching a decision.
The Concert Touring and Events shortlist is as follows;
- Jamie Thompson for The Script
- LeRoy Bennett for Lady Gaga
- Rob Sinclair for Kylie Minogue
- Liam Tully for James Bay
- Steven Bewley for Enter Shikari
- Tom Campbell for Anna Calvi
- Matt Button for adidas Originals x Pharrell Williams Supercolor launch
- Mike Gunning for Alice's Adventures Underground
- Terry Cook for Secret Cinema presents Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Ed Warren for Metronomy
- Louis Oliver for Chvrches
- Will Potts for Sam Smith
- Brandon Parvini for Linkin Park
- Damian Hale for Kasabian
- Nina Dunn for Alice's Adventures Underground
"We saw a huge number of submissions for Concert Touring and Events this year and a stunning array of creative work," says Chair of the category Sarah Rushton-Read. "To be able to see many of the shows personally and meet the designers is always a pleasure and a privilege. As ever I was delighted to be reminded of the creative talent, innovation and often collaborative approach that characterises our industry."
The Knight of Illumination Awards is organised by the ALD, STLD, The Fifth Estate Ltd and Clay Paky. This year's event is sponsored by Ambersphere Solutions, Ayrton, FIX8Group, Hawthorn, Light Initiative, MA Lighting, OSRAM, Robert Juliat and XL Video and supported by ABTT, ET Now, Lighting and Sound America, Lighting and Sound International, Mondo*dr, The Theatres Trust and Total Production International.
Table sponsors include: AC Entertainment, Avolites, Creative Technology, d3, ETC, GLP, Green Hippo, Howard Eaton Lighting, Philips Vari-Lite, PRG, Richard Martin Lighting, SGM, Stage Electrics, TMB, TSL and VER. The glittering ceremony will take place on 4 October at East London's Troxy.
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver