Wigwam adds Allen & Heath Qu-Pacs to Hire Stock
Wigwam Acoustics has purchased Allen & Heath’s Qu-Pac ultra-compact rackmount digital mixers as the hub of new shout systems, which were used throughout the 2015 festival season.
The company initially purchased two Qu-Pacs but soon purchased a further four. Installed in several new rack shout systems, the Qu-Pacs manage communications between FOH and monitor position on the main stages of many of the season’s top festivals, including the Isle of Wight and the Big Church day.
Qu-Pac is a faderless mixer with built-in touchscreen, front panel soft keys, and iPad remote control. The fully customisable Qu-Control screen can be set up with ‘widgets’ for channel levels, mutes and assignment switches, and the 15 soft keys allow further customisation.
Wigwam set up combinations of Qu-control touch widgets and soft keys on their Qu-Pac units to handle audio routing, muting and status.
“Qu-Pac presents a clutter-free interface perfect for the festival environment, while offering all the mixing and processing tools if needed via the touch screen,” explained Allen & Heath’s touring manager, Leon Phillips.
Following the successful use of Qu-Pac at key festivals this summer, the shout systems are being further developed to incorporate Allen & Heath’s ME-1 personal monitor mixers for listening station duties.
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver