Bullet For My Valentine Takes Allen & Heath on Tour With Slipknot
British heavy metal band, Bullet For My Valentine (BFMV), recently supported Slipknot on their latest tour, Summer’s Last Standing, carrying Allen & Heath mixers to manage FOH and Monitors.
Comprising a GLD-80 at FOH, with an iDR-48 MixRack and iLive-R72 rackmount Control Surface for monitors, BFMV’s FOH Engineer, Dave Nutbrown, and Monitor Engineer, Adam Boole, connected the systems via ACE using a single CAT5 cable.
“Adam controls the initial levels on iLive, the heartbeat of the system. I’m picking up the digital split on the GLD-80,” said Nutbrown.
The Allen & Heath mixers were selected because of the excellent sound quality, reliability and compact size, which make them easy to take out on tour.
“Everything is right there in this great little package, it makes it so much easier for me. The FX are great and we are getting really good results during our show,” explains Nutbrown. “Sound can vary depending on where the venue is located, indoors or out, but I’d say the GLD always behaves itself either way!”
Earlier this year, BFMV headlined a South American tour with Motionless In White before both bands joined up with Slipknot and Lamb of God for their North American tour. BFMV is now in Europe where they will continue to promote their fifth studio album, Venom.
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver