Colour Sound Supplies Lights & LED Screens to MiNT Festival
The invigorating alternative line up was just one of several fresh elements to the 2015 MiNT Festival – the 10,000 capacity event expanded to two days for the first time, and also had a new location at Wetherby Racecourse near Leeds in the UK.
Colour Sound Experiment was asked to provide rigging, trussing, lighting and LED screens for the six main tented arenas which featured great sets from Duke Dumont, The Martinez Brothers, Sigma, Sven Vath, Jamie Jones, Luciano, Ricardo Villalobos and many, many more.
The 14-strong Colour Sound crew were led by Jon Rickets and worked closely with the production team from The Dark Horses and technical production manager James Brennan, who co-ordinated all the site production.
Colour Sound’s Haydn Cruickshank, commented: “It’s exciting to see a new festival growing and finding its identity, and also embracing ‘small is beautiful’ whilst investing properly in good production values to present a great overall experience.”
Dynamic ‘house’ production lighting and visual designs for each of the arenas were created by Colour Sound’s Fletch with the objective of making each look different, individual and interesting, so a variety of lights and LED screen configurations were deployed.
Colour Sound has its own proprietary BT brand of LED screen – bright, lightweight, reliable and easy to rig – with several different pitch-options, and this was used extensively site wide to great effect.
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver