COTTESLOE UPGRADES WITH ORBITAL
18 June 2008
When the Cottesloe Theatre was ready to retire its trusty d&b sound system after more than a decade of hard labour, Rich Walsh, Sound supervisor for the Cottesloe, was in do doubt that he wanted to remain with the same brand.
Technology has advanced in leaps and bounds since the original d&b system was installed, and now Walsh knew he could take advantage of a more compct and energy efficient footprint — specifying a system that could be remotely set-up, monitored and healthchecked over Ethernet.
He contacted the Theatre’s regular audio suppliers, Orbital Sound, who delivered eight d&b E8 two-way multipurpose loudspeakers with a further eight E12-Ds providing bass extension via a long-excursion 12in driver. The rotatable 90° x 50° dispersion he knew would provide all the coverage he needed in the reconfigurable, 300-seat (maximum) studio theatre — whether set up conventionally or in the round.
To remain within the d&b environment, and guarantee a matched and fully-optimised system, Walsh assigned eight d&b D6 dual-channel amplifiers to the new rig, since they incorporate a DSP engine to provide loudspeaker-specific configurations and functions.
- WorldStage Helps MSG With Floor Projection Extravaganza
- New Look fof WYSIWYG R36
- D.A.S. Provides Audio for Halloween Events
- dLive on European Tour with Backyard Babies
- The North Face Launches its NightRay Outdoor Fest with d3
- Christie Launches AccuFrame Pro
- Over 100 Powersoft K10’s for 43rd Annual American Music Awards
- London Entertainment Week Expands BV
- Adamson Shines At Riot Fest In Chicago, Toronto and Denver