Title: UK Sales Executive (on the road)
Reporting to: Sales Manager/Sales Director Department: Sales
Location Based UK with extensive UK & Ireland Travel
OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE:
As a J&C Joel Ltd representative in the field, the successful candidate will be the face of the company to existing, old and new customers. This will require an ability to judge the nature of the contact and to dress, act and deal with the contact accordingly. The role requires flexibility in every sense and will require frequent and multiple overnight stays away from home.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
• To sell the entire range of J&C Joel Ltd products and services to existing and new customers.
• To provide industry leading customer service in the field and to be the link between the customer and the office.
• To visit J&C Joel Ltd existing and old customers at their premises / on site.
• To identify, contact and visit new customers.
• To follow up all customers visits appropriately.
• To be an equal and key member of the Sales team and to ensure the team in
the office are fully briefed following customer visits.
• To attend and report to Sales Manager and Director at relevant meetings.
• To attend trade shows where necessary.
• To identify potential new products, markets and shifts in the industry.
• To carry out any other appropriate tasks given by the Sales Manager or Sales Director.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Reliability and the ability to see a task through to the end;
• To be good with people – customer and colleagues;
• A sound understanding of what constitutes great customer service;
• A sound technical knowledge of the entire range of J&C Joel Ltd products and services;
• A sound understanding of J&C Joel Ltd as a business;
• An ability to interact with the rest of your team in the office to deliver solutions to customers;
• Self-motivation, an ability to work on your own initiative and, on occasions, in isolation from the rest of the team;
• An ability to think laterally;
• An ability to instantly connect with existing customers in order to identify their needs and thereafter provide an appropriate solution;
• An ability to identify, contact, meet and cultivate new customer relations;
• An ability to deal with customer complaints when face to face;
• A flexible approach to your working methods and time;
• Good organisational skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR EQUIVILANT EXPERIENCE:
• Full current UK driver’s licence;
• At least 6 months relevant experience.