Assistant Technical Manager
The successful candidate will report to the Technical manager and is responsible for delivering safely and efficiently the technical services, facilities and equipment to clients within the SECC Exhibition Halls and SSE Hydro. This will include supervising a small team of operatives to deliver safely and efficiently the clients requirements in relation to all of the technical requirements of Events in the SECC Exhibitions Halls and Hydro. In addition the successful candidate will be able to provide technical support and advice on relevant matters to Event Managers and others within the Operations Department and the Company.
(Negotiable circa £30k + benefits)
Please note that technical services include, but are not limited to: stages, seating, furniture, drapes, access and mechanical handling equipment and storage.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate previous managerial experience in staff, projects and budget management.
A practical and technical understanding of the requirements in relation to setting up Events is desirable.
A willingness to learn new skills is essential to this role.
1. To manage the efficient and safe supply and operation of technical
services, facilities and equipment to the highest possible standards;
2. To plan and develop effective technical solutions and layouts for individual client requirements;
3. To attend client meetings as required to provide specialist advice and
support as necessary;
4. To ensure appropriate technical liaison with clients during the planning,
build up, open and breakdown periods of events;
5. To liaise with other sections within the Operations Department as necessary to ensure the efficient running of all events and activities at the SECC;
6. To schedule permanent and temporary staff as required to meet the needs of events;
7. To supervise relevant contractors and contractors’ staff when on site;
8. To ensure equipment is installed, maintained and operated safely;
9. To ensure the efficient, safe and secure storage of all relevant equipment;
10. To hire in equipment as required to satisfy event requirements;
11. To ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in compliance with current legislation, licenses, standards and codes of practice;
12. To liaise with the Licensing authority and other external agencies as
13. To ensure that Risk Assessments are undertaken for all relevant technical operations;
14. To undertake technical functions within other areas of the SECC when
required by business demands;
To undertake other relevant duties as may be required by the Company from time to time.
The nature of work demands excellent fitness and health levels, strong team working skills and able to work within flexible working patterns.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with a covering letter stating why you are a suitable candidate for the role and current salary details to Human Resources, SECC, Glasgow G3 8YW by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who can demonstrate the experience and qualifications we have outlined above will be considered for this role.
Closing Date: 18th January 2016