Entec Sound & Light - Head of Sound Department
Entec Sound & Light is one of the UK’s leading independent sound and lighting equipment rental and production houses. It has a ‘boutique’ style of working with particular interest in special projects, touring and dry hire.
This position will provide the successful applicant with a varied and interesting career with the potential to fulfill new ambitions. The role will require you to take lead responsibility for the delivery and management of the Entec sound department and related projects to the highest possible standards. Team leadership skills and a positive attitude are paramount as many challenging decisions will be made.
The Chief Executive Officer
The Entec Sound Department – Quotations, equipment, staff recruitment, logistics, etc.
• To be responsible for all aspects of a busy department including sound equipment hires and purchases within agreed budgets.
• Assist in the compilation and administration of Entec’s business plans to achieve and deliver Entec’s objectives.
• Help devise and implement a marketing and sales strategy compliant with Entec’s ethos and culture.
• Keep up to date with current sound technology and report on new sound equipment purchases.
• To identify and implement appropriate training for all staff.
• Maintain healthy relationships with manufacturers within our industry.
• Provide information for inventory re-sale.
• Preparing specifications and component lists for technicians to follow.
• Recruiting, managing and scheduling of sound operators and technicians, in liaison with the client.
• Provide costings for individual productions, equipment and staff requirements.
• To prepare and organise accurate records detailing all aspects of a production’s sound requirements and rigging equipment, including Health & Safety, logistics, insurances, training and licenses.
• Maintain inventory records and supervise maintenance to the highest standard for our rental stock.
• To personally (and with other staff) ensure compliance with all safety procedures and statutory regulations and training.
• Liaise and co-operate with the other departments within the company.
• Generate warranty notifications in a timely manner for equipment repairs.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with sub-contractors.
• Working with the Sound Department Warehouse Manager to ensure that best industry practice is adhered to throughout the Sound Department.
• To actively contribute to the effective operation of the Production Department’s work, ensuring that flow of information both within the department and to others is clear, accurate and timely.
• To maintain the stock of equipment at an appropriate level.
• To participate in department administrative and HR systems as required.
• Engage in any other reasonable duties required to assist the company.
• To be familiar with and be personally responsible for acting within the Equal Opportunities Policies of Entec Sound & Light.
• At least five years’ prior experience in a music industry production department.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of current sound equipment and practices.
• Thorough knowledge of computer rental management program (TBS would be an advantage).
• A good knowledge and understanding of d&b sound equipment.
• Sales skills.
• Prior experience of sound design specification.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and procedures in the music industry.
• Computer literate on PC.
• Ability to lead well within a small, dedicated production team.
• Ability to work with and support all other departments
• Ability to occasionally work under pressure.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• CAD skills in AutoCAD
• Full clean driving license
Salary: Subject to experience and present seniority.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time.
Location: Northolt, Middlesex UB5 6LN.
Hours: 10:00-18:00 with one hour for lunch, five days a week; plus extra hours as required.
If you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, please email your details to: